For the Adventurous Traveler
Dining at the Canteen is absolutely one of the most unique and memorable culinary experiences you will ever have. That is if you can get there. The Phantom Ranch Canteen is located at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. To get there you can hike down the Bright Angel Trail 9.6 miles or down the Kaibab Trail 7.8 miles. Don’t forget you will have to hike out. Or you can enjoy a meal provided with your overnight Mule Ride adventure. Or maybe you are just passing by on a rim to rim hike or white water adventure. Either way, you will love your meal.
BREAKFAST Seating Times (2):
April 1 to October 31
- 5:00 a.m. for the early seating
- 6:30 a.m. for the late seating
November 1 to March 31
- 5:30 a.m. for the early seating
- 7:00am for the late seating.
DINNER Seating Times (2):
- 5:00 p.m. for the Steak Dinner
- 6:30 p.m. for the Hiker’s Stew or Vegetarian Chili Dinner
- Phantom serves Breakfast and Dinner Only
- There are specific seating times for breakfast and dinner
- Only guests with meal reservations are admitted during meal times, reservations are required
- Please don’t be late; the Canteen doors are closed while meals are served
- Sack Lunches are available
|Breakfast, per person||$19.83|
|Sack Lunch, per person||$12.25|
|Steak dinner, per person||$43.19|
|Stew dinner, per person||$28.13|
|Veggie dinner, per person||$28.13|
Breakfast and Dinner meals MUST be reserved well in advance of your trail descent. It is highly recommended that you secure your meal reservations at the same time as your overnight accommodations at Phantom Ranch. There are a limited number of meals available at each seating. Also meals are not exclusively reserved by Phantom Ranch guests. All rates quoted in U.S. Dollars and do not include applicable taxes.
The Phantom Ranch Canteen is open to the public during limited hours, see below. During this time a small variety of hiker items including snacks, beverages, stamps, T-shirts, postcards, headlamps and first-aid supplies are available for sale. If you will be hiking or riding a mule into the canyon, please be aware you will be staying at a remote ranch inside a wilderness area. Therefore, goods and services are minimal and run along the lines of necessities, not luxuries. Open all year.
Canteen Hours of Operation:
- Open to the public 8:00am to 4:00pm and 8:00pm to 10:00pm (April 1 – October 31)
- Open to the public 8:30amto 4:00pm and 8:00pm to 10:00pm (Nov. 1 – March 31)
Fishing licenses & tobacco products are not available at Phantom Ranch. No sales during meal times. Last call for alcohol is at 3:30 p.m. and a half-hour before closing for the evening. We accept major credit cards and cash. No personal checks.