Limited availability, maximum enjoyment
For overnight stays at Phantom Ranch, a minimum of 10 to a maximum of 20 hikers, or parties of 10 mule riders is designated a Group. All Groups are booked with one 10-person cabin. Hiker Groups of more than 10 will have the remainder of space divided between male and female dormitory spaces (not in cabins). Group space opens to requests on the 1st of each month, for that entire month of the next year (i.e. Group space for March 1-31 for the upcoming year may be requested beginning on March 1 the prior year, etc.) via faxed written request only. The only exception to this rule is January, which will be accepted on January 2nd.
Requests should be printed or typed in BLACK ink on a piece of paper and must include:
- Total number of people in your group. If more than 10, designate how the remaining 10 should be assigned by male or female dorms.
- Date(s) of stay: Please submit as many valid dates (or even specific time frames) in your request as you wish in order of preference, to improve your chances.
- There is a maximum two-night stay per group from March 20 through June 30, and September 1 through October 31.
- Required meals. Please note the different meal times. We strongly recommend requesting your meals at the same time you request the overnight accommodations. Hiker meals must be reserved in advance, and do sell out. Meals are available to both Phantom Ranch guests and to hikers staying in the campgrounds.
- Contact information. You must include your name, address, and phone number. Also an email address will result in a faster response time.
- Group requests must be faxed to 928-638-0982 at midnight (Mountain Standard Time (MST), we do not observe daylight savings time)
- Group Requests that do not include all of the above information will not be considered complete requests and therefore will not be addressed.
The 3-Hour Canyon Vista mule trips are limited to a maximum of 10 riders on any given day. This is in addition to any phantom ranch groups.
Allow 2 to 3 weeks for response to your request. Including an email address will speed up the response time. Requests are responded to in the same order that they are received. Any requests received prior to Midnight will be addressed last.
A deposit in the amount of 50% of all items booked for the group is due 14 days from the date a contract is issued, with the balance due 90 days prior to the group’s arrival. Do not include a form of payment with your request.
Group reservations and any part thereof must be cancelled at least 30 days prior to the arrival date to receive a refund.
Less than 10 people
Parties with less than 10 people must make their reservations directly with our Central Reservations office at Xanterra Parks & Resorts. Phone: 303-297-2757 or 888-297-2757.
*Phantom Ranch individual reservations are also accepted on the first of each month, 13 months in advance (see example in second paragraph above). During the most popular periods, this means dormitories are just as likely to sell out to individuals. Groups with stays of more than one night are extremely difficult to obtain during these popular periods.